Okay, I've finally decided to try to get my head round executable shapes for
doing rallentando/accel type things, but it doesn't seem to be working right
in Finale 2004.  Anytime I change the the values of the time or level scales
then go back to the score, when I go back into the expression playback, it
has gone back to the original value (and yes, I am pressing OK, not
Cancel!).

Can someone try this on FinWin2004 to see if they can reproduce the problem
on their system:

1.  In a document, Choose the expression tool.  Select a tempo marking such
as "rall".
2.  Click the playback tab, then Executable shape "Select".
3.  In the Ex.Sh. box that appears, choose one of the descending lines and
click "edit".  Change any of the numbers in either time or level scale.
(They should by default be at 1:1 and 13:4).  Click OK, then Select, then OK
to put the expression in the score.
4.  Now, in the score, double-click on the new expression, and go back to
the Ex.Sh. designer edit box.  Have the numbers gone back to what they
originally were?

I've tried to reproduce the problem on Finale 2003, but it's fine and
retains all the numbers.

If someone else manages to reproduce this, I'm going to get in touch with
Winsupport.  Damn, just when I thought I had that damn inpenetratable thing
figured out.

Seasons greetings by the way, Hope you all have a bug-free holiday.

Colin.