Javier Ruiz writes:

Hola, Colin.
The only problem with Jari´s plug-in is that it does not export the tempo
changes to a MIDI file. (It may be a problem with the way Finale stores
those changes).
Otherwise is very nice and I have thanked Jari many times for it.
Saludos, Javier

 In any case, although Forza is currently out of action, I mremembered I had
 Jari's tempo plug-in which is infinitely easier to use than the Ex.Shp.,
 (available fromthe Finale tips site http://www.finaletips.nu/ ), and it
 worked perfectly (though I then decided I didn't want a tempo change after
> all. Go figure!)

Dear Javier,

I recall someone (perhaps it was Jari) saying that if you enter a tempo mark at the beginning of a file and set up playback with the item "Play Tempo Tool Changes" they will be included in a MIDI file. I just tried it with a small file, and tempo changes are indeed played. I did notice, however, that old files (2000 or earlier) that are converted to Finale 2003 will not accept tempo changes made by Jari's plug-in.

Best regards,

Hal
--
Harold Owen