On 31.12.2003 17:50 Uhr, Robert Patterson wrote

> I think some of the postings on this thread show a greatly exaggerated idea of
> how much time Makemusic have spent on the plugin interface. The notion that
> they are packing lots of functionality into the plugin interface at the
> expense of program function is laughable. The plugin interface is essentially
> unchanged since it was introduced in Finale 97. The few enhancements Makemusic
> have provided since then are minor (in terms of effort on their part), and
> we've had to beg, plead, and wheedle to get them. T
> he primary plugin-related effort Makemusic have funded has been enhanced
> documentation of Finale data structures.

I am not sure whether you were replying to my post, I didn't mean that the
plugin interface cost much time to develop. However, to me it makes no or
little difference whether something is directly implemented in the program
or not. Even if such a basic function like proper Explode was implemented I
would still get TGTools for many other things it does, including those which
I could not _expect_ Coda to implement.
Yes, I begged Coda for years to implement proper beam placement, but when
your (Robert) plugin became available it did it in such a sophisticated way
which I could never have expected from the program itself.
The crux is that features _and_ plugins make Finale the powerful tool it is.
Because plugin developers have found solutions to certain shortcomings in
Finale, other things that would be tricky to do with plugins got implemented
quicker.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com