Yes, I can certainly understand the screen rotation problem.

On 31.12.2003 18:40 Uhr, Robert Patterson wrote

> The thing is, I'm still more productive in OS9. U.I. doodads are uninteresting
> to me in themselves, so I'm happier in OS9 when doing real work. Expose (which
> I don't have) sounds incredibly useful for OSX, but the OS9 Finder needs it
> less than the OSX Finder does. (The OS9 Finder compensates in two
> interdependent ways: one is that when you click on a window, all windows for
> that app come foreward. One can argue the pros and con of this, but it does
> make the Expose functionality less necessary, especially
> when combined with the other OS9 compensation: the application pulldown in the
> upper right corner.)

You know, when I started to use OS X I had similar complaints. (BTW I
believe there is freeware out there to get your application menu back in OS
X). Exposé is a bit of a different horse, but I will not start this again.
What makes OS X desirable for me is the stability, it simply runs much more
stable than any OS 9 release I have ever used.

I was just curious what was keeping you in OS 9. I personally found the
switch much harder than I hoped for the first two years, where I had OS X
installed but hardly ever used it, because I couldn't connect to it. Now
with Panther this has changed, and I can't even put my finger on the exact
reasons for that. I am beginning to really like OS X.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de