At 03:31 AM 1/14/2004, Mark D Lew wrote:
>I'm using TG Tools' tremolo plug-in to turn pairs of eighth notes into
>unmeasured tremolos with three beams.  The result I'm getting has all
>three beams detached from the stem.  What I want is the outer beam to
>touch the stem with the other two beams detached.  Is there a way to do
>that?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if the tremolo you're trying to create takes up the space of a quarter note, then the result you're getting is correct -- looks like two quarter notes with three beams in between. If the top beam touched the two stems, you'd have what looks like two eighth notes, which would indicate a tremolo that takes up the space of a single eighth note. If this is the effect you intended, then enter your notes as two sixteenth notes.

I think the only beaming option TGTools provides is for when the tremolo is entered as two quarter notes and is meant to occupy the space of a half note. Since the half note notehead and stem indicate pretty definitively what is meant, you can specify how many of the beams touch the stems.

Aaron.