On 17 Jan 2004 at 21:39, d. collins wrote:

> Dennis Bathory-Kitsz écrit:
> >The standalone version of VSampler does this. (I use LiveSynth Pro,
> >but it is no longer available.) These appear as Midi devices to the
> >system, and -- after loading a sample set into VSampler; it comes
> >with several -- your Midi keyboard can be routed the play them
> >directly.
>
> Thanks! It works fine. Now I'd like to find a nice continuo organ
> soundfont.

I've actually found that my sound card's recorder patch works
beautifully as a replacement for a stopped wood flute portative organ
sound. The low notes don't work at loud volumes, though, as then you
hear the articulation at the beginning of the note -- it sounds like
a Hammond organ then. But, given that organs can't vary volume of
individual notes, this seems like not much of a problem.