Aladdin's Stuff-It (at least the Windows version) can handle .rar archive files.

Colin Broom wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of d. collins Sent: 17 January 2004 20:39 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Finale] Sound fonts and Mac

Thanks! It works fine. Now I'd like to find a nice continuo organ

soundfont.

Dennis

Have a look at Jeux organ soundfont, which is the best one I've ever heard.
I'ts made by someone who seems to be well versed in organ history and
tradition:

http://members.aol.com/realmac/jeux1.htm

Its creator says:

"The JEUX soundfont is a collection of sounds designed for use with Creative
Labs' AWE32 and similar sound cards that support the SoundFont 2 file
structure. I have tried to duplicate the characteristic sounds of real pipe
organ stops (including individual ranks, mixtures, choruses, and effects),
with a particular goal of assembling a collection of stops suitable for MIDI
realizations of organ music written before 1750. Through careful selection
of stops, I have found it is possible to realize music of later composers as
well, for the palette of tone colors I have included is very broad."

The files are compressed using WinRar. I'm assuming there's some utility for Mac that can decompress them (I think you can download a shareware version of Winrar for Mac).

C.

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]