Yes, I use them when necessary. Hopefully a lot less with self-aligning expressions. They are pretty useful, and are tied to page positions, rather than staff or system-related positions. That makes it a bit of a pain when different pages have different staff positions, but they are easily added, deleted, and moved. I use them most often to align expressions on a horizontal guide, but use vertical guides from time to time, especially when making theory worksheets.

I agree that staff-positioned guides would be nice, and especially if they were available in scroll view.

Tim