I have your exact same setup, and I can assure you it works. Here are some things to try.

1. Download the (free) Sibelius demo and see if you can get it to work with MIDI. This is an easy way to test that your midi setup works in OSX outside Finale.

2. Try going into the Hyperscribe click setup and using the Listen dialog box. I've had to "wake up" Finale this way a number of times before.

3. Does Finale's Midi Setup window show you the devices you've specified in Audio Midi Setup? If not, then you may need to specify CoreMIDI as your midi device driver in Finale.

JD wrote:
OK, I'll be the first to admit I am a relative novice to OS X, but then,
like so many Finale users here, I have to earn a living and as of today, OS
9 is the only way I have been able to productively work with Finale.

So now FinMac 2k4 arrives and I think, OK, let the migration to OS X begin.

I got Finale installed, using Jaguar 10.2.8 on a G4, dual 1.25 ghz with 1.5
gigs of RAM.  I am using an MTPII as my midi interface and have the correct
driver and plugin from Griffin dutifully installed and OS X sees it an
seemingly recognizes it.  But no MIDI whatsoever.  The MTP recognizes my
KX88 as the input device since the input LED does flash whenever I play the
KB, but I can't get MIDI flowing to any device created in Audio MIDI setup.

Now this could be a basic, stupid oversight on my part, but I thought I'd
avail my self to the collective genius here on the list for help.

Any thoughts out there??

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios
West Linn  OR