Did you try reinstalling (or updating) the driver for your MIDI interface? I have had to reinstall mine from M-Audio a couple of times...

Tim

On Jan 26, 2004, at 12:39 PM, JD wrote:

on 1/25/04 10:25 PM, Earl Price at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--- JD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I got Finale installed, using Jaguar 10.2.8 on a G4,
dual 1.25 ghz with 1.5
gigs of RAM.  I am using an MTPII as my midi
interface and have the correct
driver and plugin from Griffin dutifully installed
and OS X sees it an
seemingly recognizes it.  But no MIDI whatsoever.
The MTP recognizes my
KX88 as the input device since the input LED does
flash whenever I play the
KB, but I can't get MIDI flowing to any device
created in Audio MIDI setup.

I have a similar setup, using a MTP (original) with a Stealth serial port on my G4. I had a problem getting MIDI to work initially because I didn't have the correct speed set for my MIDI interface (the MTP). It was defaulted to 1MHz, but I have my MTP set to Fast 1X. After I corrected this setting MIDI worked fine.

Hope this helps,

Lon
****************************
Lon Price, Los Angeles

Thanks for that Lon. But, alas, still no go.

What's so curious is that MIDI signal is received from the KX88 but nothing
gets piped out to sound modules. I have it set up right now with only a
K2500R on and set up. MIDI works fine with OS.

Let the migration to OS X cease, I guess. I really don't have the time for
this crap. I AM thankful I got a dual boot machine last Nov.

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios
West Linn  OR

http://www.thomastudios.com