I would advise leaving the second accidental, since it is in a different octave to remove any doubt.

Richard Huggins wrote:
I'm doing a piano score. I have a situation where the displayed notation  on
beat 4 is identical to beat 1 in the same measure, notes which have
accidentals. Due to the use of 8va in the earlier case but not in the
latter, the second occurance would be played at a different point on the
keys. Because of this, is there any precedent for repeating the accidentals
on the second occurance? The composer has it this way, but he is prone to
occasionally random markings and he frees me to edit as well as engrave.

--Richard

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]