David H. Bailey wrote:

> Better to have your friend download demos of both programs and try
> them both (be sure to have him do the tutorials).

and

> Until your friend tries both, he/she won't know which working style
> will be best.

I find this problematic because if you test these big programs for,
say an hour, I'm afraid you won't get much of an idea of how they
work for you in serious everyday use for years ahead. I think
Sibelius looks more attractive visually and you probably get your
first music sheet done easier and in less time with Sibelius than
with Finale, so the person testing these programs will end up
choosing Sibelius without a doubt. So it would require a lot of time
to really know which is going to be better for your working style.

I too would like to be able to present some believable reasoning why
either is more suitable to different kinds of work. Here in Sibelius
Academy, Finland (we have nothing to do with the company:-) I also
get asked that question a lot: which is better.

I believe the best insight comes from the people that actually use
both actively or even professionally. Are there others than David?
Would be glad to hear your thoughts. I know this has been discussed
before, but maybe updates to this topic would be in order.

Kari