David W. Fenton écrit:
Then why is 3/2 completely unacceptable?

Well, it would involve cutting all the measures in two, and I don't really see the point in it. The presence of a section in 6/4 isn't the only reason against changing the 6/2 to 6/4. We've discussed this here already, and I (and others) prefer to retain the original time signatures.

Dennis

I find the notion that any notatable time signature is somehow undesirable to be faintly repellent, because it suggests that the composer's creativity should be subordinated to the notation, which is precisely backward.

I once had occasion to write a couple of measures of 3 / 1/2 time (three very slow double-whole-note beats), and I went right ahead and did it, because it's what the sense of the music demanded. I can't imagine re-metering something like that merely because it's unorthodox.

--
Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/