Interesting rant. I have 3 things to add:

(1) Although I'm not sure, but as an educated guess, I'd say that most of
Finale's bugs, kludges,  and bad programming that infuriate Dennis have to
do with the fact that the programmers who work on music notation software
have to be musically inclined. They must equally know about the theory of
music, notation issues, and they must be able to program. That combination
is rare in this world.

(2) I don't see the point in Dennis using Finale. I do it because I work for
publishers who need PDF's to print professionally. Couldn't Dennis save a
lot of time and nerves by writing by hand? All of the things he wants are
just a single pencil-stroke away (to use the famous "one-click-away" concept
in the opposite sense).

(3) About clicking. I've said this before. Clicking is not faster than
typing. Typing is the fastest input mechanism ever invented. You have ten
fingers and you can have LOTS of keys and key combinations.

(4) (This is a joke.) We could all pull our resources together and create
our own successful music notation workstation with no bugs or errors! I'd
provide the custom(-izable) keyboards, our plugin writers would work on the
code with structural and interface problems being layed out and solved by
Dennis! There would be no Micnotator available, no scan interpretation
support, and the workstation would be marketed under the wonderful name:
"Finally". The press release headlines would read: "SENSATION: Plugins
Develop Artificial Intelligence and Devour Host Program!"