> Note that this part of the plugin doesn't appear to work correctly for
> tuplets stretching across barlines, and also messes up the tuplets in the
> right-hand bar (into which the tuplet stretched).

I'm wondering if there isn't a faster way for you to do that. For example
setting the measure metrics for each measure according to the actual tuplet
lengths, using no barline. Then just add the barlines with the
All-New-Super-Duper-I-Love-It Smart Expression Placements. I've used this
already for a 5/4 time signature in which the composer calls for dotted
barlines from time to time to show 2+3 or 3+2, respectively. It was fast!
(But you have to get 2004...)