Regardless of the Greek derivation, the English word is "commas." See also, "stadiums" (not "stadia"), "forums" (not "fora"), "one agenda, two agendas" (not "one agendum, two agenda"), etc -- notwithstanding the odd individual who thinks himself clever for using the obsolete irregular form.

[And, of course, "cellos" and "concertos," etc.]

Like all things in language, it's entirely a matter of convention at what point the regular plural becomes "correct" and the irregular, foreign-language derived plural is dropped. But in this case, English language convention is pretty firmly in favor of "commas" as the plural of "comma." "Commata" is just ridiculous.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY