On Mar 6, 2004, at 12:06 AM, Mario Aschauer wrote:

In fact, I did learn English as a second language. Instead of trying to
be an "odd individual who thinks himself clever for using the obsolete
irregular form" I simply used a German plural form in my English
sentence without much thinking. If anyone's offended be this I deeply
apologize and promise to try much harder next time.

No need to apologize. I find this sort of exploration of language fascinating. I hadn't known that German maintains more of the Greek plurals than English does, and I'm richer for having learned that.

mdl