Hi all:

I am planning to purchase a Mac G5 this summer. I will be using Fin Mac 2004.
I mainly use the computer for music, e mail, browsing, pictures and word
processing. That's it. Which one would you all suggest?

The rumourmill has the next G5 upgrade (coming "Real Soon Now") to be

Single 2.0 gHz
Dual 2.4 gHz
Dual 2.6 gHz

Most of what you have mentioned above would only need the bottom model. But as for "music" it depends on what you are going to do. In Logic I can easily bog down my current CPU (a G4) with too many reverbs and virtual plugins. Even GarageBand is a bit of a CPU hog. So I will be going for the middle model, to get the second CPU.

And it also depends when "summer" is for you. There's quite a few million of us that just finished ours. ;-)

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth."