I do a lot of big band music. They are large files sometimes up to 500
pages. I don't do any playback with reverbs or anything like that.

Thanks:

BF

if the "music" you do is predominantly notation and playback of those files rather than live recording studio and mixing type-stuff, all of these G5's are going to be very nice. People going for the faster ones often are running multiple high powered Audio AU or VST or TDM plugins (different to Finale plugins).

I don't know if you've used a G5 yet. I have a 1Ghz G4 laptop which I consider a nice machine but I had a play of my friends new 1.8Ghz G5 last week. They really fly in comparison. The boot up time took me by surprise (very short).

Try them out, but I think you will be very happy with the cheapest G5. Put the money into extra RAM and a bigger screen (or a second screen). This will make a much bigger difference to Finale and OSX.

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth."