On 14.03.2004 13:20 Uhr, Rocky Road wrote

>> I am not saying that the demo is illegal, but the version that can be made a
>> full version with a registration code is not as such a demo. You have agreed
>> to it's license, and that prohibits giving it away. It is true that it runs
>> in Demo _mode_ when the 30 days grace period is over, but it is not as such
>> a demo.
>
> It is, however, a challenge-response registration code, and I imagine
> Coda would not give out more than two keys per registration without a
> very good reason, so there isn't much chance someone is going to be
> able to activate it.

What if cracking a time-disabled version is much easier than the real demo?
What if MakeMusic simply doesn't want any save ability in demo versions, be
it time limited or not?

If you really want to give this version away, why don't you just write an
email to MakeMusic and ask them. I guarantee you that they will not allow
it. And I still say that it is illegal to do so. Finale is not Shareware.

What you are suggesting is actually one of the reasons I question this kind
of copy protection in the first place, it will actually make people think
that giving away time limited versions it an alright thing to do. It's not.
It's illegal.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com