On 15 Mar 2004, at 03:08 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 15 Mar 2004 at 14:43, Darcy James Argue wrote:

One minor annoyance in Mac Finale is that when opening multiple
documents, the windows are tiled (i.e., the window position is offset
down and to the right) rather than stacked directly on top of each
other.

Aren't you mis-using terminology? At least on Windows, TILED means you take the parent window and divide up into "tiles" and the child windows are laid out. If you had four open windows, you'd get windows two across and two down.

What you seem to be calling TILED is called CASCADE in Windows.

Okay. I've only heard this called "tiled" on the Mac, but perhaps the people who were calling it that were mistaken.

And, in the end, you seem to be asking to get rid of CASCADING
windows.

Not entirely -- I'd just like to see new windows stacked when the first window is maximized. That would allow people who, for whatever mysterious reason, *like* cascaded windows, to continue to use them. It's also consistent with how Safari and several other OS X apps currently behave. (As for myself, I never want to see another cascaded window again.)

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY