On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 12:43 PM, Phil Daley wrote:

At 3/15/2004 03:17 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

>Not entirely -- I'd just like to see new windows stacked when the first
>window is maximized. That would allow people who, for whatever
>mysterious reason, *like* cascaded windows, to continue to use them.
>It's also consistent with how Safari and several other OS X apps
>currently behave. (As for myself, I never want to see another cascaded
>window again.)

In a Windows app, it is not possible to have cascaded windows and maximized windows at the same time.

As soon as you maximize one cascaded window, all the rest are automatically maximized, too.

No, they're not. They're still cascaded behind the maximized window. Minimize the maximized window and you'll see. However, if you *close* the maximized window, the next window in the cascade will show up and be maximized like the one that just went away.

--
Brad Beyenhof