On 21 Mar 2004, at 03:09 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 02:55 PM 03/21/2004, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>(For note expressions, I think Coda's defaults ("center, center")
>result in dynamics that appear too far to the right.  I like "center,
>left" myself.

Yes, but one problem is that you will often find that dynamics at the beginning of the bar will now collide with the left barline (using center, left of primary). Currently the workaround is to manually enlarge the bar, or to space that one bar with "Avoid collision of Note Expressions" on (that setting is too problematic to leave on all the time).

I sent a feature request to Coda asking for something like an "Avoid Left Barline" flag that could be set on expressions like this so that note spacing would automatically take them into account.

I think this is an excellent idea, and I would like to second that feature request.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY