Mark D Lew wrote:

[snip]
Do you have automatic music spacing turned on? If not, it seems to me you shouldn't ever have to move the dot. In the procedure you spelled out, the dot got moved only because you spaced it once and Finale figured it right, then you added and spaced again and Finale got it wrong.

[snip]
Better is to enter all the music first and then apply spacing just once. That way either it will get it right or it won't. If it doesn't all you have to move is the note.

Are these problems the same with each different spacing library? Might it be possible to change spacing libraries and space just a problem area or two, while using a different library for all the non-trouble spots?

I don't know, I'm just asking if anybody has tried different spacing libraries and get the same spacing errors with all of them.

--
David H. Bailey