On May 24, 2004, at 12:09 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

But it's not a reason to implement transparency as the default dialog
behavior OS-wide, which is how this subject came up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "default dialog behavior OS-wide". Most windows are not transparent. I'm not aware of any way in which it is "default" behavior.

As I understand it, the point is that transparency is available as part of the OS package, and the software designers use it where and when they see fit, according to their determinations about what would enhance the UI.

mdl