On 24 May 2004 at 15:41, Darcy James Argue wrote:

> On 24 May 2004, at 02:46 PM, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:
>
> > Not system wide. Just in Finale. The pallettes CAN get kind of big,
> > and eat up a lot of real estate. It could be turned off, too, if it
> > bugs people.
>
> [...]
>
> > Hey! Keep BOTH! Roll up the dialogue box window when not used, AND
> > have it be transparent when open! Whoo-hoo!
>
> I should add, in case there was any doubt, that I'm certainly in favor
> of an option to turn off transparency if people dislike it.  But I
> like it, and it's already there for free in the OS, so why not allow
> us to take advantage of it?

Well, I'm not saying it should be taken *out* of OS X, just that I
can't see it as being a worthwhile addition to Windows. So far as I
can see, it's entirely cosmetic in all cases, except for the one one
you've described, with floating pallettes. Since I don't use those,
it wouldn't be an advantage to me.