On 4 Jun 2004 at 22:17, Mark D Lew wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2004, at 9:29 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
>
> > Lyric tool works well.
>
> Really?  Lyric tool works well if you know what you're doing, or if
> you never do anything complicated, but it has lots of pit-traps that
> the unwray can fall into.  And there are failings, too, such as
> control over hyphen behavior.

Well, as much as I complained about lyrics in my first big project
with them (in August 2002), now that I learned from all the gurus
here on the list, I find it pretty darned easy to use. The main
point:

  DON'T USE TYPE INTO SCORE

Once you figure that out, it's pretty easy to use.

But, of course, I thought we were discussing examples of
subcomponents of Finale that were majorly overhauled and then never
worked right any more. When has the Lyrics subsystem been overhauled
and exactly what ended up badly broken?