On 22 Jun 2004 at 10:36, Harold Owen wrote:
>> My opinions here are based on over 50 years as a composer, choral
>> conductor, and singer in small and large ensembles and as soloist -
>> including music of all ages and styles.

I too have not been at it as long as you have, (I've been singing for 20 of
my 30 years on the earth) and I agree with you 100%. I used to take all my
old-style music and reenter it into finale to get my chops up and better
understand the piece.

On 6/22/04 12:47 PM, "David W. Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On placement of consonants, if singers don't do it right, it's
> because they aren't properly trained. You can't overcome poor
> training with notation, and using ties to try to do so is just going
> to be confusing. I would use that notation only for a special effect,
> for instance, where I wanted the consonant someplace *other than* the
> normal place.

I agree here too. It's such a waste of time to try to explain the ties that
I end up just telling the singers where to put it. In the end, it saves
time.

Guy--you're missing out on some great music. I hope we can convince you to
look at some of it.

Allen