Hi all,

Thanks for the advice so far. I don't need web hosting (yet) as I have some web space via my EarthLink broadband, and I think that will suffice, at least for now. If bandwidth becomes a concern, I'll deal with that later, but I assume I can have my registration with, say, godaddy.com and my hosting with someone else? (Or should I pick a registrar with more Mac-friendly hosting, just in case?)

Also -- does anyone have any experience trying to purchase a domain name from someone else? How to find out who owns it, how to approach, how much to ask, etc. Most of the domain names I would want have already been reserved, but have no content up -- including, I note, "djargon.com". (I assume someone saw my email address somewhere and snapped it up in the hopes that I would offer them a big pile of cash.)

Regards,

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]