Andrew Stiller wrote:
WR:

Tapered dotted slurs :

FWIW, Sibelius does these really nicely

--Unless you want to adjust them, in which case they're prone to disappear altogether!

Furthermore, putting one in is considerably more effortful than a normal slur:

normal slur: Select a note. Type S. Extend it one note at a time w. the spacebar.

dotted slur: Select a note. Select Line from the Create menu. In the dialog that appears, scroll down to the dotted slur and double-click it. Position the far end of the slur by dragging--and hope that it doesn't disappear when you do so.

With WinFin2004b (and as far back as I can remember) dotted slur is in the smartshape palette immediately under the normal slur. I can place it just like I can a normal slur, by double-click-drag from the first note to the final note of the slur.

No need to select line from Create menu, scrolling down to select it.

Is the Mac version that much different from the Windows version?

For metatools, in windows can select the SmartShape tool, hold down the v key, double-click-drag to assign a dotted slur without actually selecting it on the smartshape palette.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]