Hi list,

This is in regards to David Bailey's question yesterday, asking me to explain the bug to which I refer.  This bug occurs during speedy entry/show multiple pages.  This combination has been fine ever since the mult. pages feature was introduced, which has been a few years.  The bug is this.  In Fin 2k4 (and from what MM has told me, also Fin2k5), when in speedy entry/mult. pages, as entries are made on the page, one of two things happens.  Either the multiple pages you have showing disappear as soon as you start typing in notes, and/or as the cursor moves to the next bar, all notes previously enter disappear from the page.  Enter notes, go to next bar, notes just entered disappear.  If you hit Ctrl+D, the notes re-appear, but it's not a viable solution to do this every time you move to a new measure.  Finale freely admits the existance of this bug, and clearly states they have no plans to fix it.

Regards,
-kk

www.kevinkastning.com

Do you Yahoo!?