Éric Dussault wrote:
I can see how frustrating it is for you to have this bug, but we all know that MakeMusic will repair them depending on how many people complain about them. I fear that very few people will in this case for two reasons : 1. Many people enter their notes in scroll view
2. Those (like me) who enter the notes in Page View will unlikely use multiple page because it is of no use at this stage of the music typesetting process (maybe I overlooked and then you can explain to me the benefits of having mulitiple pages when entering notes). The only time I use multiple pages in when I fine tune the layout and make sure that facing pages are balanced.
This IS a bug, but I guess that many other bugs will be corrected, and as the effect of this bug is not that catastrophic, it is unlikely that this will be a priority for the people at MM.

It is a bug, no question, but it's not a destructive bug, it changes no data, it prevents no data from being entered.

When I'm entering data I only care about the measure I'm entering data into at the moment so for me it isn't even a particularly annoying bug for me.

I just opened up page view, show multiple pages, and began entering notes. You don't have to hit ctrl-D to show the notes, simply click outside the speedy entry frame and the notes show up. Click back into the measure you want to and you can start entering notes again, if for any reason you need to see what you just entered. Two mouse clicks and you have what you want.

Yes, MakeMusic should fix this, just as every bug should be fixed. Will it prevent anybody from making valuable use of Finale? Absolutely not.

Should it prevent anybody from upgrading? Only if this particular bug annoys you. Why anybody needs to see multiple pages while entering notes in a single measure is beyond me, but we each have individual working habits, so I guess some people find such a feature important.

I only rarely view multiple pages at once, preferring to do page layout with a single page showing and preferring to do note entry in scroll view.

--
David H. Bailey