William Roberts wrote:

I pay money for my Finale upgrades because they contain features that
I want, and that will save me time.  I don't expect my software to be
bug-free -- I'm far too realistic for that.  But provided it's
quicker for me to use Finale than it is to use a pencil and paper,
and provided I'm not constantly fighting against bugs in the
software, then hey, I'm happy.

But perhaps I'm just not as passionate/crazy as you, David!

Best, -WR

Moi? Passionate? Crazy? Could be.

Could be just that sometimes things rub me the wrong way and I get all bent out of shape unnecessarily.

Ultimately, the company doesn't care as long as we give them the money, which I do with each upgrade because I, too, find it better and easier to get results with the software than without it.

I also know that there isn't any alternative, and the software industry knows that as well.

There's no way I can produce engraved output without my computer, and there's no way Sibelius or any other software product I am aware of can give me the quality of output that Finale gives me, nor the control over that printed output that Finale gives me.

Doesn't mean I won't get upset when they say "We know it's a bug and we're not going to fix it."

But they know I don't have a choice either. Maybe that's what galls me the most.

--
David H. Bailey