I was wondering if there was anyone out there who does song transcriptions for songwriters ie transcribed by ear from an mp3 or a cd. What do you generally charge $$$ in your location/country.

I'm in U.S. (California and New York). I do a fair amount of this sort of thing, and I charge $50 an hour. Flat fees don't work for such tasks (though you might get good at estimating) because some things are complex, some are easy. Also, it depends on whether they want a lead sheet, a piano/vocal score, or some kind of more complex score.

It's easier for me to charge by the hour (I'm quite fast) because of the variables.

Don't know if this helps.

Linda Worsley