At 11:09 AM 09/29/2004, Allen Fisher wrote:
>This works for me in Finale 2004c...Mac or PC? Here's what I did:
>
>Opened a new default doc
>Edited the ffff marking to be "top note positioning"
>Added an A above middle C and an E a fifth above to make a chord.
>Applied the ffff marking.
>
>If I move the entire chord up in simple entry, the the expression moves
>If I move the A up or down, the expression stays put.
>If I move the E up or down, the expression moves. What am I missing?

Do the following:

Open a new default doc
Edit the ffff marking to be "top note positioning", additional entry offset 0
Add a single note to the score
Apply the ffff marking

Where did the marking go, vertically? According to common sense and the visual aid in the expression definition box, the baseline of the expression ought to be vertically aligned with the notehead. But it isn't -- it's wherever you clicked in the score. This happens whether you use the expression selection box or a metatool.

You're correct that the expression does correctly "attach" itself to the top note, but the initial positioning is wrong.

Aaron.