At 02:46 AM 09/30/2004, Michael Cook wrote:
>At 16:19 -0400 29/09/2004, Aaron Sherber wrote:
>>Personally, I would prefer that it work the way it looks like it
>>ought to. Bottom Note position ought to line up the baselines of the
>>expression and the bottom notehead, taking into account the
>>additional entry offset value.
>
>I would have preferred this too. Just one problem: in order to import
>older files correctly, the functionality of the vertical positioning
>setting presently called "Top Note" would have to be kept, since
>expressions in older files work this way.

I don't think there would be a problem, since the functionality of Top Note would remain the same -- it's just the initial positioning option for new instances of the expression that would change. When I currently open an older file in 2004, the expression definition is set to Top Note, additional offset 0, and each instance of the expression has a 'Distance From Alignment Point' value in the Note Expression Assignment box. This is all fine -- I'm just saying that now when I plop down a new instance of that expression, the offset actually *should* be 0, so that the baseline of the expression lines up with the notehead. I don't think any of this is inconsistent.

Aaron.