I am having a little problem with OS X. Everytime I restart, or log out and log in again my Finder windows seem to have lost their preferences. They are always larger than before (and larger again when I restart once more) and they display large icons instead of lists etc.

Is there something I need to reset to get this back to normal? I have repaired permissions and checked the HD, that didn't help.

Johannes
--

I have this problem as well. From what I've researched on the net, the problem originates from opening the top folder while you are in system 9 and changing the view settings. (I did this when the disc was in target mode.) Do this just once and the view settings in OS X won't "stick". The so-called solutions involve using Terminal and they don't give you the ability to change settings to something else in the future and make them stick. (The solutions look complicated.)

I'll try to solve this annoyance on my computer when I gather some more gumption. In the meantime, you can find what has been written on the subject by googling "OS X view settings stick" (without the quotes). Here is a sampling of what I've found:

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~blukens/viewoptions.html

http://www.osxfaq.com/dailytips/04-2002/04-30.ws

http://www.derman.com/FolderControl/FC-Overview.html

If anyone knows of an easier solution, I'd love to hear about it.

-Randolph Peters