On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 03:29 PM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

From: Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
As for avoiding expressions, the tuplet doesn't seem to do that at all, but I don't remember it ever doing that.

when defined as stem/beam side, the number/shape would drop an extra 96 EVPUs or so when a text expression was attached to the first note of the tuplet group.

FinMac2005 NOT updated:

Ha ha! Ok, I see the expression being avoided by the entire tuplet bracker/number in Fin 2005 (NOT updated version). It only avoids text expressions when there is a beamed tuplet. Quarter note tuplets don't seem to be affected.

However, I still only see the number behaving properly in every way, staying correctly positioned according to the bracket.

There is one way I can force the number to do something wacky in the old version. If I move the handle just to the left of the number an extreme amount, I can get the number to displace in the opposite direction I am dragging the handle. But I never use this handle, as it is supposed to move the bracket independently of the number, which I never want to do.

FinMac2005a (the new update)

In this version I see neither the text expression being avoided, nor any wacky number movement, no matter what I try.

I hope this is good news.

(Whew that was hard to find!)

Christopher