dhbailey / 04.11.28 / 11:55AM wrote:

>I find it to be only a matter of a small effort to move measures around
>to get the final systems to look fine.
<snip>
>The way I deal with the final system is to move measures down from
>preceding systems until they all balance out and the layout looks proper
>to my eye.

I realized most of folks hear are for one-time-only output to publisher.
 My need is different.  I often change arrangements per gigs, so taking
time on finalizing the parts is not practical to me.  I also re-space
busy measures and/or whatever reason which makes sight-reader easier.
Any attempt like this screws the ending automatically.

I too am used to read full with end system on classical music, but it is
not so true with jazz music.  Space can be used for instruction of solo
order.  Indent is useful for Coda for sight-reader's eyes, etc. etc.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>