On Jan 1, 2005, at 8:05 AM, David Hage wrote:

Hi Guys,

I will be a freelance librarian and copyist for the upcoming Start Wars film
recording in London with LSO. I have worked with John Williams on several
films in London over the past few years.
He delivers his scores by hand on the "American" style sketch paper i.e. The
stuff that is just too big to be photocopied on a regular European copier
:-).
His sketches are indeed detailed, but in my opinion still require an
orchestrator of considerable skill (which he has)
to get their balance right, these score are almost always delivered
handwritten and immaculate.
As to credits, the orchestrator is always credited on the score itself, and
on the film credits, as are the copyist/librarians :-)

As far as I am aware nobody in the music production team on a film has the
title "clerk", and none of use own a small green peaked eye-shield

Happy New Year

Dave Hage
Dakota Music Ltd

Thank you for this detail. This restores my faith in his creativity, work ethic, and honesty, and furthermore jives with what I had previously heard about JW's work.

John Howell, I just read your long and heartfelt reply to my questions on this issue, and will be answering soon.

Christopher