Here's my two bob's worth:

Born in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, Dec 8th 1956 during the closing ceremony of the Melbourne Olympic Games, preventing my mother from attending. A shady lurker who has learnt a lot from the great contributors to this wonderful Finale list. Fell in love with Music when I slumped to the ground in tears and wonder (~1964) at hearing 'The First Nowell' sung in part harmony over the Flora Hill Primary School PA as I headed for home. Took up rock guitar when I was 13 and classical at 15. Discovered Bach and Mozart [fell apart when I first heard the slow movement of the violin & viola concerto] at 16 and started playing Dowland on the Lute at 17. Sung/played Morley, Gibbons, Byrd, Bach and Bruckner in Bendigo High School choir.

Studied guitar, lute and recorder at Melbourne Conservatorium of Music in the heady days of the international Early Music Revival. Loved Frans Bruggen's recordings and took up recorder as main instrument. Focused on Renaisssance, Baroque & Contemporary (Berio, Ishii etc.) repertoire but extended to improvised/jazz in 1990s. Had fortunate break when my local independent Brazilian/Jazz CD was signed up by Egberto Gismonti's Carmo label and released by ECM Records in 2000 - http://www.ecm-records.com/Background/Carmo/Bgr_C14.php

Have used Finale since 1998 (now FinWin2005a), mainly for eclectic school arrangements - I have taught in Primary and Secondary schools - and my own compositions. Recently I have become involved in sound recording and use a Yamaha AW4416 combined with my PC to produce my own recordings.

Oh, I am a great fan of the Beatles and play all the wonderful acoustic guitar standouts - Blackbird, Mother Nature's Son, Something, Here Come's the Sun etc. Recently I have discovered the beauty and complexity of Brian Wilson's music and attended the SMILE concert in Melbourne on Dec 8th 2004 - I even bought a T-Shirt!!! [Didn't Leonard Bernstein feature a clip Wilson singing/playing his brilliant *Surfs Up* on Bernstein's US Music TV program in 1967?]. I'm all ears! Teach me something new!

Happy New Year [Belatedly] to all.

Rodney Waterman
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rodneywaterman/