Darcy James Argue / 05.1.5 / 00:56 PM wrote:

>As for alterations, they should be given with flats and sharps, not
>pluses and minuses.  No matter what chord nomenclature you use, writing
>"(-5)" or "(+5)" instead of "(b5)" and "(#5)" is bad practice.

Furthermore, #5 is theoretically incorrect.  It is Aug5 as in Augmented
5th, as in the interval of the 5th is Aubmented :-)

It is often I face people doesn't care the difference between Aug5 and
b13th as well as #11 and b5.  They all dictates different scales.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>