I have a question that has nagged me for some time, and is about to become my current nightmare.  I have a multi-movement work in three files, and the composer who I am working for has asked whether or not these can be put into one file.  I balked, especially thinking about all the hand adjusting that had been done to staves and such to make each score look right.  Does anyone have advice on how to do this without ruining hours of tinkering?  I offered to at least merge the extracted parts (as much as could be done with a shifting percussion instrumentation); can anyone give me a basic checklist as I go about this process so as to not get burned when printing out?  Did I mention, my deadline for parts (the score was finalized today) is next Friday??

Thanks,
Michael Wittenburg
Copyist,
Chattanooga Symphony and Opera