d. collins wrote:
Jari Williamsson écrit:

I have to disagree with your conclusions. There are many Windows Finale copyists etc who rely exclusively on PDF output.

So do I. But I still think Finale's PDF output is crappy, compared to that of Sibelius or any other graphic software I've been able to test. Why do Finale's PDFs look so terrible on screen? I have yet to see a recent Finale PDF with equal-sized staff-lines. If you or anyone else has one, I'd love to see it along with the details of the settings. If you happen to have a sample, I'd appreciate it if you could send it privately. The only good looking Finale PDFs I see all come from Macs.

I really don't think that it's a Finale issue, but a Windows-based Acrobat one. The fact that a PDF doesn't look perfect on screen shouldn't be an issue - it's a format intended for printing. Now the problems people are describing on printouts are a different matter.