On Jan 20, 2005, at 7:47 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On my machine, I got to the paging stage with no other files open (pictures, PDF's etc.) in the other applications....just files open in Finale. Add PDF's pics etc in and I'll bet you are getting low on free memory. Additionally, if there is a memory leak anywhere (up until 10.3.5 at least, Safari was rumored to have this problem) then your free RAM would be drifting down further over time until there is a restart.

Safari leaks memory? I'm not exactly a computer geek, so I don't know what this means. Does it mean that RAM it was supposed to have earmarked for its own use gets written by other apps? I have noticed that Safari is the only app in OS X that crashes more or less regularly. Are you saying that if I get in the habit of quitting Safari when I am done, instead of just closing windows, that I might get around the paging thing? or maybe reduce the occurrence of the Finale bug?

Christopher