Gary Griffiths wrote:

> Do you have to pick different samples for everything (solos, pizz,
> arco, trem etc. etc. etc.) or does that work seamlessly too?

In case you missed this, Garritan has put a Finale library on his server which I created.

http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOKeySwitches.lib

It's a Finale 2005 text _expression_ library.  Simply load this into your Finale file.  The new expressions are grouped into categories for specific keyswitch instruments.  For example load the Violin 1 KS combo patch into one of the GPO studio players.  Add a note _expression_ "pizz"  to any note on the appropriate staff.  This _expression_ triggers the correct GPO keyswitch and the new patch is switched to instantly.  You don't need to apply this before a note like you would if you're playing in a phrase from a midi keyboard.  All of these patch changes are instantaneous.  That seems pretty seemless to me.

I just checked the Garritan website, the file is still up, but to download it:
On PC - right click and save to disk
On MAC - Control click and save to disk.
It gets downloaded as a text file.  When importing it into a Finale file choose "all file types", then it should import into your Finale file without problem.

JT