Dennis Bathory-Kitsz / 05.1.29 / 01:12 PM wrote:

>I'm one of those who prefers to listen to recordings <snip>

I am so sorry you feel this way.

In my life, I have three live concerts which my tears couldn't stop
coming out during the show.  One was when trombone section of Count Basie
Orchestra (un-amplified) blew into my face.  Another was when Ray Brown's
groove was unbelievable, by watching him in the Triple Treat concert.

But most of all, I cried throughout one of the Miles Davis concerts,
feeling the way his aura controls the entire band without him giving any
physical cue.  I will carry that experience to my coffin.

Late Horowitz, his chops were getting sloppy, but that didn't stop people
going to his concerts because you are to experience his music in the air.
 I certainly will not enjoy that performance coming from speakers.

I agree with Lon that I was taking real musician's work when I was
working MIDI for Broadway, and I never wanted others to know I was doing
that.  My boss, George Russell certainly did upset with me but in the
end, it was too difficult to turn down such a good paying gig.

What irony was that our work saved shows when musicians went on strike.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>