At 07:10 PM 01/29/2005, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>If musicians won't fight for our own interests, who will?
>
>Maybe the Virtual Orchestra Machine will put us all out of business one
>day.  Who knows?

This is true. And maybe short-term use of the Sinfonia will make it possible for more opera companies (and other performing organizations) to exist long-term, thereby creating more jobs for musicians. As you say, who knows? I certainly don't. I have no intention of embracing the Sinfonia, but I'm not sure I'm ready to reject it out of hand, either.

Aaron.