At 08:34 PM 01/29/2005, David W. Fenton wrote:
>I strongly doubt that's a valid explanation.
>
>Much more likely is that the spammers are using an SMTP program that
>caches the DNS information for too long.

Yes, that's also possible. A random sampling of the headers of these emails shows that the first Received header is from the originating machine and by the Everyone.net SMTP server; most legitimate email I get has a first Received header from the originating machine and by *their* SMTP server (or their ISP's SMTP server). I assumed this meant that they were somehow getting information directly from Everyone.net, but I suppose they could just have their own very outdated DNS info and are sending things direct to target SMTP servers.

Aaron.