[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 05.1.30 / 00:11 AM wrote:

>Remember that VSize is the amount of address space that has been
>allocated to a process.  It is not the amount of Virtual Memory that
>the process is actually using.  You now have more memory in your
>machine...so it really isn't strange that you have more address space
>being allocated.  There are memory management algorithms that figure
>all of this out but I don't know enough about them to say exactly how
>they work.

The definition of VSIZE in Linux:
VSIZE (Virtual memory SIZE) - The amount of memory the process is
currently using. This includes the amount in RAM and the amount in swap.

Besides VSize always matches with vm allocation that Activity Monitor
shows for a running app.

I am confused :-(

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>